Do I Still Need U-SHIP Coverage After August 31st?
If I currently am enrolled in U-SHIP, and I will graduate at the end of Summer Quarter 2015, I am eligible to sign up for continuation coverage when my U-SHIP coverage terminates on August 31, 2015.
To sign up for continuation coverage:
- Apply directly through the insurance carrier, UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
- Premiums must be received within 31 days of the termination date of coverage, i.e., August 31, 2015.
- I, and my dependents currently enrolled in U-SHIP, may pay for up to 6 months of continuing insurance coverage.
- If I find a job that pays for health insurance, I may can cancel continuation coverage, however there is no premium refund (therefore, the University of Chicago encourages students to pay for continuation coverage on a monthly basis).
Premiums for Plan Continuation Coverage are:
|Student||$283 / month|
|Spouse / Partner*||$283 / month|
|Child*||$283 / month|
|2 or more Children*||$566 / month|
|Spouse / Partner + 2 or more Children*||$849/month|
|*in addition to monthly student premium|
You can download a printable Plan Continuation Coverage enrollment form from https://www.uhcsr.com/uchicago or from the links below.
- For most students, select 2015-1 Basic Continuation Enrollment form
- If you enrolled in U-SHIP through your seminary, select 2015-1 Seminary Continuation Enrollment form
Continuation Coverage enrollment forms should be sent directly to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, along with a check or money order for the premium payment:
P.O. Box 809026
Dallas, TX 75380-9026