Students who will be graduating at the end of Fall Quarter 2014, and who enrolled in the 2014-2015 U-SHIP plan, are eligible to sign up for continuation coverage when their U-SHIP coverage terminates on January 4, 2015.
Continuation coverage also is available to students on Leaves of Absence.
- Apply directly through the insurance carrier, UnitedHealthcare StudentResources.
- Premiums must be received within 31 days of the termination date of coverage.
- Students – and dependents currently enrolled in U-SHIP – pay per month for up to 6 months of continuing insurance coverage.
- If a student finds a job that pays for health insurance, the student can cancel continuation coverage, however there is no premium refund.
Premiums for Plan Continuation Coverage are:
|Students/Dependents in Basic Plan coverage||Students/Dependents in Seminary coverage|
|Student - $259/month||Student - $445/month|
|Spouse - $259/month||Spouse - $445/month|
|Child - $259/month||Child - $445/month|
|2+ Children - $518/month||2+ Children - $890/month|
You can download a printable Plan Continuation Coverage enrollment form from https://www.uhcsr.com/uchicago or from the links below.
- For most students, select 2014-1 Basic Continuation Enrollment form
- If you enrolled in U-SHIP through your seminary, select 2014-1 Seminary Continuation Enrollment form
Continuation Coverage enrollment forms should be sent directly to UnitedHealthcare StudentResources, along with a check or money order for the premium payment:
P.O. Box 809026
Dallas, TX 75380-9026